It pretty much goes without saying that TikTok is how many of us discover new trends. In 2022, a slew of TikTok make-up products, as well as skin’things beauty, took the platform by storm and challenged the way many of us tackle our routines.
Honesty and transparency are key values pulsing through the Gen Z–dominated app, so when something goes viral you know it has to be legit. If a product isn’t truly worth your money, it certainly won’t get the TikTok seal of approval. Young people have spoken, we have listened, and we’ve rounded up all the best beauty goodies — some that we bought, others that sold out so quickly we couldn’t, and more that our peers can’t stop raving about. Read on to discover the viral TikTok make-up, skin, hair, and fragrance products of 2022.
Solawave Advanced Skincare Wand with Red Light Therapy
- Why We Love It: Once you hop on the Solawave trend, there’s no turning back. This new device promises a healthy, glowing complexion.
- Beauty Benefits: Think of it as four treatments in one; pairing red light therapy, microcurrent, facial massage and therapeutic warmth in one five-minute session. The result? A rejuvenated appearance tackling dark spots, fine lines, and general signs of ageing.
Chanel Les Beiges Water-fresh Tint
- Why We Love It: If there’s one thing TikTok loves, it is a lightweight, glowy skin tint. Chanel’s option is the formula of the moment and the entire Vogue beauty team is obsessed.
- Beauty Benefits: The fashion house certainly has a stellar beauty line-up that we can’t get enough of (think: its buzzy cream bronzer that also took over 2022). Here, its tint pairs skin-condition ingredients like glycerin, castor oil and jasmine stem extract with pigmented droplets to treat skin while expertly providing weightless coverage — making it one of our favourite skincare-make-up hybrids.
Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume
- Why We Love It: TikTok is all about fragrances that might prompt someone to stop you on the street to ask what you’re wearing. Who doesn’t want to hear that they smell good?
- Beauty Benefits: One of the best perfumes for women, this is a warm and spicy scent — reminiscent of actual skin, rather than something heavily perfumed. Perhaps it’ll be your new everyday scent or an easy pick-up for someone with a discerning sense of smell.
Dyson Airwrap Complete Styler
- Why We Love It: While the Dyson Airwrap is certainly not a new hair tool, it is still shown on the platform time and time again as a quick and effective method to style all hair types, from wet to dry, for a bouncy, voluminous blowout effect.
- Beauty Benefits: What’s more, the brand launched a next-generation of the beloved tool, which features re-engineered brush attachments, direction-change barrels, and a new smoothing dryer for enhanced styling. Now, “you can ensure every attachment in your box delivers your desired style, specific to your hair type. Something you thought couldn’t get better, just did,” Ouai founder and celebrity hairstylist Jen Atkin said of the tool.
Haus Labs Triclone Skin Tech Medium Coverage Foundation with Fermented Arnica
- Why We Love It: Of Lady Gaga’s Haus Labs collection, it was certainly this medium-coverage foundation that left a lasting impression on TikTok users — with the hashtag #hauslabsfoundation garnering nearly 9 billion views to date.
- Beauty Benefits: Known for its lightweight feel, radiant finish, and ability to seamlessly cover redness and dark spots, the Triclone Skin Tech can be applied with a brush, sponge, or your fingertips. Powered by fermented arnica, an antioxidant complex, and medicinal herbs, this promises to soothe even acne-prone and sensitive skin types.
Dior Backstage Rosy Glow Blush
- Why We Love It: There are so many viral blushers, but Dior’s Backstage Rosy Glow Blush has quite literally taken over our TikTok feeds – it also counts Hailey Bieber and Iris Law as fans.
- Beauty Benefits: Pigmented and vibrant, this head-turning pink blush adds an instant flush of colour that even reacts to the skin’s moisture levels. Cue a beautiful rosy glow.
Saie Hydrabeam Sheer Brightening Concealer
- Why We Love It: A clean concealer that blurs like a beauty filter? Sign us up immediately. Or, rather, get your hands on Saie’s Hydrabeam formula, which does just that.
- Beauty Benefits: Let’s be clear — it takes a lot for us to be impressed by a concealer. What makes this Saie option so worthwhile is its hydrating properties (led by squalene, glycerin, and tomato extract), brightening abilities, and weightless finish. “Why did this just change my life?” writes TikTok superstar Mikayla Nogueira in her review of the concealer.
Color Wow Dream Coat Anti-Humidity Hair Treatment
- Why We Love It: If silky, smooth tresses are your goal, TikTok says to look no further than Color Wow’s Dream Coat spray.
- Beauty Benefits: This anti-frizz treatment uses humidity-blocking technology to keep hair sleek for up to three washes. Pro hairstylist and Color Wow global creative director Chris Appleton even used the formula to perfect Jennifer Lopez’s sleek style at this year’s Tribeca Film Festival. “It stops frizz, even in the worst humidity, and leaves hair with a super glossy, glassy-like texture,” he notes of the treatment.
Valentino Twin Liner Gel & Liquid Eyeliner
- Why We Love It: A fresh contender to the best eyeliner marketplace is Valentino’s dual-ended pick, known to make a perfectly-etched cat eye easy.
- Beauty Benefits: This comes with a semi-matte, ultra-fine liquid on one end and a gel in four colours (classic black, deep red, navy blue, or mocha brown) on the other end to help you achieve whatever look you’re going for. Not to mention, it glides on seamlessly and lasts all day without smudging.
Beauty of Joseon Relief Sun
- Why We Love It: TikTok has led us to uncover some of our favourite Korean beauty products — with Beauty of Joseon’s Relief Sun up to bat in 2022. We are, after all, always on the hunt for a game-changing sunscreen.
- Beauty Benefits: Known to blend quickly and impart a glowing finish sans white cast, this is enriched with rice bran water and SPF 50 to protect and condition skin.
Tower 28 SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray
- Why We Love It: Tower 28’s facial spray comes to the rescue to treat sensitive skin conditions through its formula that’s powered by hypocholorous acid.
- Beauty Benefits: The versatile pray helps address an array of skincare concerns, from eczema and rosacea to acne and sunburn. Just spritz yourself to quickly pacify redness, irritation, and inflammation.
Kilian Love Don’t Be Shy Eau de Parfum
- Why We Love It: TikTok rushed to buy Kilian’s Love Don’t Be Shy after rumours that it is Rihanna’s chosen perfume, but kept talking about it because of its sweet floral allure.
- Beauty Benefits: Here, orange blossom, vanilla absolute, and marshmallow come together alongside notes of honeysuckle, rose, and iris to create an intoxicating sweetness, reminiscent of what a new love feels like.
Kosas Revealer Concealer
- Why We Love It: Wave goodbye to dry under-eyes thanks to the Kosas Revealer Concealer; it’s seriously that creamy. Described by the brand as a “concealer meets eye cream,” it pairs the best of skincare and make-up in one handy tube.
- Beauty Benefits: Through a blend of caffeine, arnica montana, pink algae extract, hyaluronic acid and peptides, the formula helps brighten, soothe and plump the skin, while delivering medium coverage and improving skin over time. Our application tip is to let the formula dry down for a few seconds before blending to prevent creasing and conceal where you place it.
Krave Beauty Great Barrier Relief
- Why We Love It: Of all the skincare trends that made waves this year, skin barrier repair was a top priority. But how can we protect our skin and help it heal via the products and ingredients we choose? One of the best products TikTok recommended was Krave Beauty’s Great Barrier Relief serum.
- Beauty Benefits: Infused with tamanu oil, niaciniamide and ceramides, this promises to soothe irritation and redness, fade discolouration, and replenish fatty acids to reveal skin that feels calm and balanced.
Hourglass Phantom Volumizing Glossy Balm
- Why We Love It: It’s time to plump up your pout and get glossy! Enter: the Hourglass Phantom Volumizing Glossy Balm.
- Beauty Benefits: Those partial to a lip gloss or plumper should definitely give this one a try. Swipe on the multipurpose formula for the hydration of a lip balm, volumisng effect and high-shine glossy finish in an array of eight chic shades, though shade Mist or Slip are the most popular.
Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter
- Why We Love It: In order to achieve a lit-from-within glow, shouldn’t you add a radiant product under your foundation of choice? According to TikTok, the answer is yes — most likely using Charlotte Tilbury’s Hollywood Flawless Filter.
- Beauty Benefits: “It’s the marriage between a liquid highlighter and a real-life filter that helps blur and illuminate the skin,” celebrity make-up artist Carolina Dalí-Trites previously told Vogue. The liquid includes finely-milled powders, porcelain flower extract, and glossy oil to blur, brighten, and moisturise, whether applied on its own, under your complexion products or dotted on top as a gleaming highlight.
Kitsch The Satin Heatless Curling Set
- Why We Love It: The latest renditions of heatless curls mean you can easily change up your style without the damage that often accompanies traditional hot tools. According to TikTok, you should ditch your curling iron for a satin curling rod.
- Beauty Benefits: As this Kitsch set and countless TikToks depict, just wrap your hair around the curling wand, secure with scrunchies, and let your hair dry and set overnight. When you wake up, gently remove it to reveal bouncy, voluminous waves that require little to no effort.
Pixi On-the-Glow Blush
- Why We Love It: “Pixi’s viral blush stick glides on like butter and imparts a vibrant and glowing flush of colour in just one swipe,” writes senior beauty editor Lauren Valenti on her summer blush of choice. She highlights the Ruby shade as her go-to.
- Beauty Benefits: The travel-friendly blush stick makes application to the lips and cheeks simple, and is even infused with ginseng, aloe vera, and fruit extracts to condition skin simultaneously.
Rare Beauty Warm Wishes Effortless Bronzer Sticks
- Why We Love It: We know make-up sticks simplify our routines by allowing us to impart pigment quickly and easily. This process is somehow made even more straightforward through Rare Beauty’s bronzer stick, known to blend like a dream.
- Beauty Benefits: Designed to blend and go, this creamy number delivers a sun-kissed warmth that sculpts and wakes the skin up in seconds.
Kosas Cloud Set Setting Powder
- Why We Love It: The draw to Kosas’s Cloud Set powder lies in its lightweight, sheer setting capabilities. Think of it as the ultimate formula to round out any minimalist make-up routine.
- Beauty Benefits: Enriched with bamboo extract, Chinese peony, and passionfruit leaf extract, this Kosas pressed powder promises to minimise the look of pores, quell shine, and overall smooth your skin’s appearance — without feeling heavy or cakey on the skin. Expect a naturally glowing, your-skin-but-better look. Have oily skin? TikTok users recommend first baking with a loose powder and following with this to really prevent shine throughout a day’s make-up wear.